Benefits of Membership
Benefits of WHC Membership Include...
NEW for 2019!
USRider has created a special limited-time program just for Wisconsin Horse Council members! For any member of WHC who joins USRider from December1-31st 2018, USRider will waive the entire $29 Activation Fee. For WHC members who join from January 1st- February 28th, 2019, USRider will deduct $15 from the Activation Fee for each new membership. Call 1-800-844-1409 to join – be sure to identify yourself as a Wisconsin Horse Council member and use the promo code WHC18. Or, join online at www.usrider.org. On the check-out page, insert WHC18 in the Promo Code box. If you travel with your horse, USRider is the Equestrian Motor Plan for you since USRider is truly committed to the welfare and safety of their members and their horses.
Click HERE for more details about this great offer!
* CounciLetter - WHC newsletter available with membership either in print ($10 annually) or on-line (free)
* Programs for members only, such as: (click on each program name for more details)
- Ride Wisconsin! – a cumulative award program for the number of hours you ride on trails.
- Championship Challenge – an award program for open show participants
- Judges Certification Program – an annual seminar for educating open show judges in Wisconsin
- Trail Grants – financial help for clubs in building, improving, and maintaining public horse trails in WI
- Sponsorship/Grants – financial help to support youth horse activities, therapeutic riding, equine education programs, and many other activities that promote and grow our equine industry
* Special advertising rates in our newsletter and on our website - WHC Advertising Form (PDF)
* Option for individual and family memberships to purchase $1 million Excess Personal Liability Insurance at an excellent rate. Please click on the link above, (Benefits for WHC Members Through ARG) to view additional details of this great benefit.
* WHC employs a professional lobbyist to assist in protecting our equine industry in legislative issues at the state and local levels
* WHC is a member of American Horse Council, the organization that lobbies in Washington DC and gets involved in national issues affecting our equine industry
* As a member of American Horse Council, WHC members are allowed to participate in AHC’s Advantage Program, which offers discounts with many companies
New ideas for adding benefit to membership are always welcome.
Why should I belong to WHC?
This is the only organization that is here for the horse and the people who own them or simply love them. We are not a breed organization, a saddle club, or a riding discipline. We exist solely for the welfare of the horse and the betterment of our industry as a whole. Membership in WHC connects you with other horse people who share your concerns and brings you to a broader view of the equine industry. The strength of our voice is in direct proportion to the size of membership. How many members we have is what always matters to officials. Often, people belong to organizations in relation to their profession; you should belong to this organization in relation to your passion. WHC represents the horse people of Wisconsin, and the horse people of Wisconsin need to support their state organization through membership.