Our meetings are held once a month at different locations within District 3. You can check the meeting schedule on the Meeting/Events page. All members - as well as those who are interested in knowing more about WHC - are invited to attend the monthly meetings located within our District. We try to include educational opportunities within each of our meetings, and want you to enjoy getting to know other members.
Wisconsin Horse Council has a wide variety of committees and projects, some within our district and others that are statewide. We encourage you to find one or more to become involved in!
- District 3 Minutes
- Meetings and Events
- District 3 Horse of the Year Contest
District 3 Photo Contest!
Winter Day at Springbrook February 8th, 2020
N8400 County Rd I, Burnett, WI 53922
Hosted by Wisconsin State Horse Council Equine Foundation and WHC District 3
Everyone is welcome to enter Photo Contest. There will be 6 judged categories and 1 People’s Choice award.
* Professional (anyone who has received payment for photography)
* Amateur (13 years and older)
* Youth (12 years and younger)
Within each division photo topic groups of Equine and Other (total of 6 judged Category awards)
- Total of 3 entries max. per person. There is no entry fee. One entry form per item. Please pre enter.
- Maximum size 20” x 24” (includes matting and frame)
- Exhibitor must provide their own easel or framed display that will stand on it’s own on table top.
- Photos need to be at entry booth between 8am and 9:30am day of event.
- Please have name and phone number on the back of each entry.
- Optional, entry may be donated to the silent auction as fundraiser for WHC Foundation. Please note on entry form. Photos not sold in auction must be picked up between 2pm and 3pm that day.
- Photos must be taken by entrant. It is the entrant’s responsibility to obtain written permission from people or property owners that are identifiable in their photographs.
Voting will end at 1:30pm and Winners announced at 2:00pm day of event.
For People’s Choice Award – Event attendees will get one voting ballot per each item purchased at the food booth that day. Additional ballots can be purchased for $1 each. All proceeds go to WSHC Equine Foundation.
Mail entries forms to, WSHCEF Winter Day Photo, 6622 Arthur Road, Hartford, WI 53027 by Feb, 1, 2020.
WHC Ride D3 Trail Program
Wisconsin Horse Council District 3 has created a Trail Program!
- Rules –
• Must be a current year WHC Level I member
• $10 sign up per rider designated for Ride D3 Trail program
• Ride, drive, or walk with an equine on any public trails within D3 and submit photos including you, your equine, and park/trail signage.
• Trails must be in D3 counties (refer to WHC website)
• The number of different trails you enjoy and submit increases the award –
· 3 trails – level 1 award
· 6 trails – level 2 award
· 9 or more trails – level 3 award
• One annual award per person will be awarded
• Suggestion – also join WHC Ride Wisconsin Program to log your saddle trail hours
• Form and $10 sign up should be submitted to: WHC Ride D3, 121 S. Ludington Street, Columbus, WI 53925
• Proof of rides and photos should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of calendar year.
• Please submit a trail review form, not required but pretty please! We want to get updated information on trails in D3.
Click on the link below to access the registration form to be printed out, completed and mailed in. A Trail Review Form will be made available soon. Thank you!